Offered below are a selection of sites offering advice and suggestions for helping you adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- NHS 24
works in partnership with local NHS Boards out-of-hours services to provide patients with health advice and help when GP practices are closed.
- NHS Lanarkshire Sexual Health offers advice and information about sexual health and sexual health services that exist in Lanarkshire.
- Giving up Smoking site offers facts and figures about smoking, tips on giving up and many sources of further information and help.
- Nursing Council on Alcohol is dedicated to developing knowledge and awareness on the subject of problem drinking, its prevention, treatment and after-care. Online submission for SSG conference from SHOW
- Smoking Concerns NHS Greater Glasgow Board is the specialist tobacco project at Greater Glasgow NHS Board
- Working Backs Scotland is a collaboration of Scottish Organisations working to develop an action implementation programme for acute back pain.
- Health Scotland - provides information on health improvement topics for healthcare professionals including research, strategies, and information on services and programmes of work.
- How addicted to nicotine are you? Take the Fagerstrom Nicotine Dependency Test to find out.
- BBC Health and Fitness A section of the BBC site devoted to health. Regularly updated and user friendly.
- British Nutrition Foundation Promotes the nutritional well being of society with the latest research and news. It works in partnership with academic and research institutes, the food industry, educators and government.
- Fitness Online US site that covers exercise, nutrition and health
- HIV Wake Up The site includes a postcode finder (only in Scotland) for the nearest testing & treatment centres, advice on safer sex,
regular testing & the potential benefits of early diagnosis
- Hypnotherapy Online A useful resource for those looking for support or general advice about hypnotherapy.
Please Note: SHOW is not responsible for the content of external websites.