Advice on topical health issues
- If case of accidental poisoning you should always contact your local general practitioner or A&E department. They will be able to consult the UK National Poisons Information Service (SPIB) for the current best advice on what to do.
Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Gas appliances kill 30 people a year. To find out everything you need to know about the dangers of CO escaping take advice from the Health and Safety Executive.
- HSE Gas safety advice line 0800 300363
Transplant, Blood and Organ Donation
If you're planning a holiday there are some things that you might want to think of before you go.
- Health Scotland - provides information on health improvement topics for healthcare professionals including research, strategies, and information on services and programmes of work.
- NHS 24 Services This section will help answer questions about your health and describes NHS 24's telephone and online services.
HIV Wake Up The site includes a postcode finder (only in Scotland) for the nearest testing & treatment centres, advice on safer sex,
regular testing & the potential benefits of early diagnosis
Please Note: SHOW is not responsible for the content of external websites.